Sunday Session – April 14th 2013
Craft Bombing Prep Day
We will be meeting in the studio in Phoenix Park this Sunday at 10.30 to make a some colourful panels for our Craft Bombing event in May, We plan to wrap a beautiful tree in felt at the crossroads to the zoo.
So please do come along and join in if you can, (bring towels, bubblewrap, soap and your fibres), we hope to show the people of Ireland how amazing the world of Feltmaking is, and need all of our members involved.
There is an event on in the Park this Sunday with many road closures including the Knockmaroon, however if you approach the Gate from Chapelizod or Castleknock you can park just outside the gate or in the Anglers Rest car park just down the Strawberry Beds road.
This is the tree that we are planning to adorn for this years Craft Bombing event – it has a very prominent location on the main road of the phoenix Park near the Zoo. It is going to look stunning in May covered with colourful felt pieces.
From the OPW website: Road Closure, Sunday April 14th
To ensure the safety of participants in the Great Irish Run, the following restrictions will apply in the Phoenix Park:
Roads to be closed to vehicular traffic from Saturday April 13th:
- Chesterfield Avenue (Mountjoy to the Phoenix) 2pm – 2.45pm Sunday 14th
Roads to be closed to vehicular traffic on Sunday April 14th:
- Back Road – 12.30pm – 2.45pm
- Odd Lamp Road – 12.30pm – 2.45pm
- Ordnance Survey Road – 11am – 3.45pm
- Military Road – 12.30pm – 3.15pm
- Glen and Upper Glen Road – 1.15pm – 3.30pm
- Furry Glen – 1:15pm – 3:45pm
- Acres Road (Phoenix to Khyber) – 12.30pm – 2.45pm
Gates to be closed between 12.30pm and 2.45pm:
- Islandbridge (no left turn)
- and Knockmarron Gate from 6.30am to 3.45pm
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.