Welcome to Feltmakers Ireland, the National Guild of Felt Makers.
Our Guild is a voluntary organization with members throughout Ireland. Feltmakers Ireland was founded in 2003 in response to a growing interest in felt-making. We try to cater to all types of felt- making. We welcome everyone with an interest in felt-making, both amateur and professional crafts people.
The AGM of the organisation is held every year in May.
We no longer have a permanent studio at Knockmaroon Gate in the Phoenix Park Dublin but we still hold monthly “Sunday Sessions” on the 2nd Sunday of the month 10:30-12:00 Since we no longer have access to our studio, the location for these vary and are advertised via our blog. At these sessions, members may demonstrate techniques, chat and talk about the principles of felt-making. Sometimes we have sessions where everybody can participate and make something in felt.
Our aims include holding at least one exhibition a year and two or more feltmaking workshops (one of which is taught by an internationallay renowned feltmaker).
Feltmakers Ireland is, in itself, a member of the Crafts Council of Ireland.
- To promote and encourage the craft of felt-making.
- To share knowledge, skills and support among members.
- To offer members and the wider public access to high standard educational opportunities through workshops, demonstrations and discussion groups.
- To provide information on materials used and equipment.
- To have a presence at local, national and international craft events.
We fulfil these aims by:
- Organising demonstrations & workshops
- Taking part in and organising exhibitions
- Meeting at regular sessions
- Producing content, linking to useful networks and collating helpful information published through our Blog and Facebook page.
We welcome everyone with an interest in felt-making and encourage you to join our guild and become involved. Subscribe to the blog for regular featured news and find us on Facebook.