Welcome to Feltmakers Ireland, the National Guild of Felt Makers.
Our Guild is a voluntary organization with members throughout Ireland. Feltmakers Ireland was founded in 2003 in response to a growing interest in felt-making. We try to cater to all types of felt- making. We welcome everyone with an interest in felt-making, both amateur and professional crafts people.
The AGM of the organisation is held every year in May, when we also sell fibre and supplies.
We are lucky to have a permanent studio at Knockmarroon Gate in the Phoenix Park Dublin. We hold monthly “Sunday Sessions” on the 2nd Sunday of the month 10:30-12noon. At these sessions, members may demonstrate techniques, chat and talk about the principles of felt-making.
We use the studio for other smaller workshops; exhibitions and informal “get-togethers”. We are active participants in Heritage week with free and open to all sessions.
Feltmakers Ireland is, in itself, a member of the Crafts Council of Ireland.
- To promote and encourage the craft of felt-making.
- To share knowledge, skills and support among members.
- To offer members and the wider public access to high standard educational opportunities through workshops, demonstrations and discussion groups.
- To provide information on materials used and equipment.
- To have a presence at local, national and international craft events.
We fulfil these aims by:
- Organising demonstrations & workshops
- Taking part in exhibitions
- Meeting at regular sessions
- Producing content, linking to useful networks and collating helpful information published through our Blog and Facebook page.
We welcome everyone with an interest in felt-making and encourage you to join our guild and become involved. Please browse our workshops, read our news and join us. Subscribe to the blog for regular featured news and find us on Facebook.