Welcome to Feltmakers Ireland, the National Guild of Felt Makers. We are a voluntary craft Guild with members throughout Ireland. Feltmakers Ireland was founded in 2003 by Elzabeth Bonnar in response to the growing interest in felt-making at that time.
We try to cater to ALL types of felt-making: wet felters, needle felters, professional feltmakers, hobbyists, ANYONE with an interest in wool, fleece, felt.
Feltmakers Ireland is a member of the Crafts Council of Ireland.
The AGM of the organisation is held every year in May.
We hold monthly “Sunday Sessions” on the FIRST SUNDAY of the month 10:30-12:00. At these sessions, members may demonstrate techniques, chat and talk about the principles of felt-making or sometimes we have sessions where everybody can participate and make something in felt.
We aim to hold at least one exhibition a year and two or more feltmaking workshops (one of which will be taught by an internationally renowned feltmaker).
- To promote and encourage the craft of felt-making.
- To share knowledge, skills and support among members.
- To offer members and the wider public access to high standard educational opportunities through workshops, demonstrations and discussion groups.
- To provide information on materials used and equipment.
- To have a presence at local, national and international craft events.
We fulfil these aims by:
- Organising demonstrations & workshops
- Taking part in and organising exhibitions
- Meeting at regular sessions
- Producing content, linking to useful networks and collating helpful information published through our Blog and Facebook page.
We welcome everyone with an interest in felt-making and encourage you to join our guild and become involved. Subscribe to the blog for regular featured news and find us on Facebook.