ALL MEMBERS OF THE FELTMAKERS IRELAND GUILD ARE INVITED TO OUR AGM.
VENUE: CIE Sports and Leisure Hall, INCHICORE Dublin 8. Eircode D08X525
DATE: 7th of May, 2023
THIS AGM IS THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR OF OUR 20TH ANNIVERSARY.
By starting promptly at 10.30 AM, we hope to have the formalities of the meeting completed in good time, so we can listen to our Guest Speaker, our founder Elizabeth Bonnar, give a short account of ‘Our Guild’s Beginnings’ and glimpse some of her fantastic work.
We hope to have an unofficial launch at the culmination of our brilliant research project, our wool book – Exploring Irish Wool for Feltmaking.
Refreshments will follow – please bring some Home Bakes for us to sample. We always appreciate goodies with our cuppa.
SHARE ONE PIECE
You are welcome to bring one piece of your own work from the last 20 years – new members, too, please – to display around the room.
(Please label your piece clearly and securely, and please, please, please bring the piece home with you).
While we are delighted to announce that all members are eligible for the drawing of an award of €250 to put towards any workshop either in person or online, from any international tutor of your choice.
- Address by Chair, opening of AGM (Breda).
- Address by Secretary (Clare).
- Treasurer’s Report (Annika).
- Report of Wool Project Book (Copies may be available).
- Election of Chairperson and Committee for 2023-34. The election of officers will be held at the 11th of June meeting.
- GUEST SPEAKER – Elizabeth Bonnar, the founder of Feltmakers Ireland, will address the meeting on the History of FI and may display some of her work.
- Bursary Draw for €250 for all paid-up members will occur at the AGM. The award is to be used to attend a Felting Workshop (either in-person or online). Afterwards, a blog post reporting on the workshop/class would be most welcome.
- Tea/Coffee Home Bakes.
NB: Motions for the AGM MUST be submitted in writing, to the Committee, 14 days before the AGM. This is to allow time to circulate all members in advance of the meeting.