We would like to invite all members to take part in our exhibition for 2021.
The title is ” Colour our World”. This is a members exhibition, we ideally would like to show one piece from each member ( you can submit up to 3 pieces, if you like, with the guaranteed of acceptance of one piece and up to three).
This year, everything is different… and we are getting used to the idea of flexing, pivoting, changing and moving with everything that life throws at us.
The deadline is approaching- end of July- please submit a piece… we have over 70 members and would love ech and every one of you to take this opportunity to be part of a members exhibition- celebrate your craft… perhaps you haven’t had your work shown in an exhibition before? this is a great opportunity for exposure.
1) There is no fee for submitting your piece… the member is responsible for getting the piece to any venue- should we be able to secure a physical space.
2) This is a “members exhibition” with no adjudication or judging, we would like to show the range, breadth and depth of our talent as an organisation, with the primary purpose of promoting the craft of felt- be you a beginner or a professional.
3) This exhibition is primarily online- with a proposed date of showing in August 2021 as part of the DCCI 50th anniversary celebrations. COVID restrictions allowing and in conjunction with other organisations such as DCCI or other GANS groups we will strive to find a physical space to show all the members pieces together- in autumn of 21 or New year 22 as the situation allows.
4) Please read the application form carefully- for details of requirements, size, photograph etc…
SIZE REQUIREMENTS 30CM X30CM… THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR DIGITAL EXHIBITION AND THE IDEA IS TO HAVE A GIANT GRID OF ALL OUR MEMBERS WORK IN A PHYSICAL SPACE TOO!
5) Let the title “Colour our World” inspire you, don’t be afraid to push the boundaries, show your skills, experiment… 1 piece from each member is guaranteed accepted…
6) Feel free to contact the committee for any assistance, advice, question or help.
Have fun and we look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!
Together this could be a wonderful collective art project of feltmakers responding to their world in the most unusual of times.